Wednesday 5 December 2012

Disorientating places?

dis·o·ri·en·ta·tion (ds-ôr-n-tshn)
n.
1. Loss of one's sense of direction, position, or relationship with one's surroundings.
2. A temporary or permanent state of confusion regarding place, time, or personal identity.

 Took a trip to CyberDog in Camden today. CyberDog, like Hollister has a similar kind of 'club' atmosphere to it, but in a more rave way.

Here are some sneaky pics of inside:




 (pics taken 4/12/12)

Electronic music pumping, UV lighting making the florescent clothing glow and all the shop assistants dressed as if they were about to head out of a bit of happy hardcore raving.  

I don't know whether I would class CyberDog as disorientating, more as intense, I felt like I should be donning some neon and going out, not just casually browsing.  




This got me thinking about other places I've found disorientating. I have one strong memory of as a child getting lost in a mirror maze on a school trip. It was Wookey Hole Mirror Maze.

 http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g635922-d213489-r124745619-Wookey_Hole_Magical_Mirror_Maze-Wookey_Hole_Wells_Somerset_England.html 
(5/12/12)


I remember being so completely lost, confused, alone and scared. Running into myself over and over and finding no one I knew, or any means of escape. Just faced with my own reflection. 
Completely disorientating.

No comments:

Post a Comment